CAPSTONE (Controlling Antigen Processing in Autoimmune diseases and Cancer) PhD project is a multi-disciplinary platform of experts in structural biology, immunology, biochemistry, proteomics, and therapeutics that jointly aim to increase the impact of research into ERAP aminopeptidases in various aspects of human and animal disease.
The CAPSTONE wishes to:
- Train the next generation of researchers for interdisciplinary and intersectorial careers in basic and applied medicinal chemistry, immunomodulation and pharmacology research with full understanding of the requirements of academia, pharmaceutical companies and societal challenges.
- Elucidate through a collaborative research program, how ERAPs modulation is underlying antigen processing/presentation dysfunctions in cancer and autoimmune diseases, more specifically Spondylarthritis, and rare diseases like Birdshot chorioretinopathy.
- Validate ERAPs as targets and bring lead modulators all the way from early stage to pre-clinical investigation in diseases of urgent medical need.
- Form a sustainable network of excellence and ESRs that will last beyond the CAPSTONE timeline
- Build a high-impact structure ensuring multi-level dissemination and exploitation of all results.
The meeting will take place in Lille, France on the 18th-20th Oct 2023.
The meeting took place in Utrecht, Netherlands on the 10th-12th May 2023.
Follow CAPSTONE is on social media !
- Fostering Gender Equality in Research: A Crucial Step Towards Innovative Research
- Vasilis (ESR2) and Ben (ESR1)'s secondment
- Martha Nikopaschou's (ESR4) Award-Winning Journey Featured in EuPA Newsletter's
- A new publication from the CAPSTONE H2020 consortium